Monday, January 23, 2012

One key To Motivation? The Desire to Be Better

Hey everyone. Well, what a crazy 3 months it has been as a father!  I haven't written NEARLY as much as I want to and my back surgery in April had a lot to do with it. Now, with being a stay at home dad while my wife goes back to work I thought it would be even more difficult. Turns out, it hasn't. Why? Scheduling and time management or self-discipline essentially. I know WHAT i need to do each and WHEN i need to do it. So i therefore go and do it. Everyday- much like SO many of you in your lives. 

I write about motivation each day, or at least try to. With what goal? That you all will be better people, somehow someway. However, in being honest with myself i recognize that I write for my own catharsis, and I hope I live by the principles I am reminded of as I type. Why am I sharing this? Because i believe that motivation can come from ANYWHERE. If it motivates you then its motivational (now, that doesn't work with nutrition, candy is not nutritional just because it contains nutrients!). We tend to only look at the positive to motivate us but negative can too. We may be motivated to exercise because our blood pressure is too high or we may be motivated to jog because we want to know what it feels like to cross the finish line at a marathon. Be it positive negative, the goal is to be better. Whatever it is that helps us get there, so be it. And that is one of the keys of motivation-to Be BETTER!

If you are better "because" of this blog it is ONLY because you were reminded of the many talents and goals you already have and you have acted on them. I have only served as a conduit between you and your inner self. A very broken and physically beaten down conduit at times. :)

I want to sincerely thank all of you for reading and commenting and even sharing. It means a lot. That being said it is an open group I would ask that you encourage others to join as well. You can also add your friends by simply clicking "Add friends to group" at the right. The more people that join means the more feedback I can get and the more interchange of thoughts we can have. Thanks again for the support- Lets see if we can get to 1500 members! Have a great day and remember to be better!

I can always be contacted via any of the channels below.

Yours in Service,
-Walt
wwelle@gmail.com
Skype Me: WalterWelle