Thursday, February 16, 2012

Be Nosy! A Tribute to a Fallen Friend


Recently a friend of mine died and it was very sudden and shocking. He had cancer and it took us all by surprise. He made some veiled comments on Facebook referencing something was brewing but I didn't know what. I assumed it was just general problems in life that we all go through and that he was venting. I was wrong.

See, I didn't want to be nosy. I figured when the time was "right" we would talk about it and i would be there for him like a friend should!

Little did i know that cancer would ravage his body and take him from us at FAR too young an age- 31.

Had I been nosy, i would have known, i could have been there and in some small way, offered some comfort or at least said a proper goodbye.

At his wake all i could wish for was for one opportunity to say goodbye to him and to hear his voice again or his laugh.

I would have, IF ONLY i had been NOSY.

R.I.P. Mike Mazza