Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A single rose can be my garden; a single friend, my world. Leo Buscaglia


A single rose can be my garden; a single friend, my world. Leo Buscaglia

My family recently were shown a tremendous gesture of love from a friend. Now we are friends with this other family but not real close. Of course I NOW think of them a lot differently; a lot closer. 

It 'got to making' me think, we always believe our "true" friends will be there when we need them. They are because that is what being a true friend is about but what I didn't know was that sometimes, situations we are presented with give OTHER friends, less TIGHT friends, the opportunity to demonstrate they are, indeed true friends as well.

Today, I want everyone to take advantage of an opportunity to be a NEW true friend to someone. At least look for that opportunity. someone might be dealing with a TOUGH situation right now and you may know OF it. But maybe we can know more about IT and them. 

A bit idealistic? Perhaps, but isn't that what our hopes and dreams were based on as a child? Our ideals? Do not let the world harden your emotions to the point where you no longer think that people notice when others help them. Many still do and I think all 1150 members of this group are of that ilk. I KNOW you are great people.

Find a way to pay it forward! Like today's Quote, we have a chance to be a rose in someones garden. Even if you just try and the other person turns down your offer for help. Its OK, they will remember and may take you up next time!